Do I need a referral to make an appointment?
We encourage all patients to have a referral however, we will accept self-referred patients. It is important to note a referral may be required by your health insurance plan. Please check with your insurance to see if a referral is necessary.
What to bring for your initial consultation?
Thank you for choosing miSPINE & Joint Care. Please bring the following to your first visit:
- Driver's License or a valid ID
- Health Insurance Cards
- Imaging Reports, X-rays, MRIs, CT scans, etc.
- Any relevant documentation (Ie. Doctor's notes, reports, ER notes)
- Current list of your medications.
- You will be asked to complete new patient intake paperwork. For your convenience we will provide these to you in advance. Please have these forms completed prior to your appointment time.
- We encourage you to come to your initial consultation with a written list of questions to ensure all your concerns are thoroughly addressed when you visit the doctor.
How do I contact the office with after hours concerns?
Calls after our normal business hours will be answered by the answering service. For immediate and urgent medical concerns please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room. All non-urgent concerns or questions will be responded to the following business day.
Are my medical records kept private and confidential?
Your medical file is handled with the utmost respect for your privacy. Our staff is bound by strict confidentiality requirements as a condition of employment regarding your medical records. We will not release the contents of your medical file without your consent.
When can I resume exercise?
Your doctor will instruct you about post-treatment exercises – the type and the duration to be followed. You may be referred to a physical therapist to help with strengthening and range of motion exercises following surgery.